What is pediatrics?
Pediatrics is a branch of medicine that specializes in the management of medical conditions which affects babies, children and young people. The doctors who look at specific health issues, diseases and disorders related to stages of growth and development in children are called Paediatrician. This field of medicine also allows the doctor to work very closely with the patient and also their families. Paediatrics is a diverse, stimulating and hugely rewarding specialty. A pediatrician generally would be working in:
- General Pediatricsunits seeing a wide range of conditions affecting children.
- managing long-term care for children, teenagers and young people.
- Highly specialised units working in a wide range of sub-specialties such as neonatal medicine.
Paediatrics is a broad-based specialty which would allow doctors to be generalists and see children and young people with a wide range of illnesses and disease or to become very specialised in certain areas. A Paediatrician can diagnose and treat several conditions among children That includes:-
- Genetic and congenital conditions
- Organ diseases and dysfunctions
And if in any case, a child has an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery, surgeon has the experience and qualifications to treat your child.